Parent’s Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security
The Kenmore Town of Tonawanda Union Free School District is committed to protecting the privacy and security of student, teacher, and principal data. In accordance with Education Law § 2-d, the District wishes to inform the school community of the following:
1. A student’s personally identifiable information cannot be sold or released for any commercial purposes.
2. Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child’s education record.
3. State and federal laws protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information, and safeguards associated with industry standards and best practices, including but not limited to, encryption, firewalls, and password protection, must be in place when data is stored or transferred.
4. A complete list of all student data elements collected by the State will be available for public review both online and via regular mail from the State Education Department. The website and mailing addresses will be listed here when they are made available.
5. Parents have the right to have addressed complaints about possible breaches of student data. N.Y. Education Law § 2-d (3)(b).
Please address any complaint to Assistant Superintendent for Finance John Brucato at 716-874-8400 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to contact Assistant Superintendent Brucato using regular mail please address your correspondence to:
Kenmore Town of Tonawanda U.F.S.D.
1500 Colvin Boulevard
Buffalo, NY 14223