Substitute Teacher Recruitment Underway
Substitute teacher positions are in high demand and recruitment is currently underway in the Ken-Ton School District!
- Substitute teacher positions offer the opportunity to work regularly or flexibly depending upon personal preference and a daily rate starting at $85 a day ($90 with 6 credit hours at the Staff Development Center).
- Certified professionals are preferred; however, college graduates with appropriate background/experience will be considered and can work up to 90 work days under New York State Law without certification.
- New York State has made it easier for individuals with out-of-state certification to become certified in New York State.
- Visit www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert for information on certification tracks and requirements.
For more information, contact the Ken-Ton School District
Human Resources Department at 874-8400. Apply at the following link:
Certified teachers from another U.S. State or territory who meet the following requirements may qualify for an initial certificate in New York:
- Possess a valid teaching certificate equivalent to the title and type of the certificate sought that has no limits or restrictions;
- Meet the general certificate requirements, including citizenship, training related to child abuse identification/reporting, school violence prevention/intervention, harassment, bullying and discrimination prevention/intervention, and a criminal history check;
- Have at least three years of satisfactory experience in a public school in a position requiring an initial or professional certificate within five years preceding the application date or equivalent experience; and have had effective or higher evaluation ratings in your three most recent years of employment;
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution or higher education institution that the Commissioner deems is substantially equivalent, with a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher in the program leading to the degree.